Our Goals & Objectives
Azalea Health is a direct response to the need for more comprehensive and consultative women’s health care in Trinidad and Tobago. At Azalea Health we envision a healthy community of women empowered to make informed choices about their sexual health and well-being. Our goal is to make the high quality of care at Azalea Health the standard for obstetrics and gynecological care in the north, south, east and west Trinidad.
- We will provide quality healthcare and services regardless of a client’s socio-economic circumstances or status.
- We will respect our clients.
- We will be compassionate and caring.
- We will remain committed to client education to improve care & compliance.
- We will include those who experience unique barriers to healthcare access including Spanish speakers, youth, GLBTQI*, racial/ethnic/cultural communities and people with disabilities.
- We will provide medically accurate, comprehensive care within our scope of practice using evidence-based medicine and management based on guidelines for universal standard of care based on governing institutions such as ACOG, ASCCP, APGO, and CDC.
- We will provide a work environment for all employees that is affirming and respectful of them as individuals and empowers and encourages success.
Azalea Health’s philosophy is that optimal health and performance can be attained through the proper balance of exercise, nutrition, and education. Our goal is to educate our clients as well as treat them. Therefore, our services will also provide group classes and teaching sessions for our clients.
*GLBTQI: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning/Queer, Intersex ACOG (American College of OBGYN) ASCCP (American Society of Cervical Cancer Prevention) APGO (Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics) CDC (Center for Disease Control)