Book your appointment for your consultation today
Tips for your next pap examination
- Women between 30 and 65 should get a Pap smear plus an HPV test preferably every five years, or a Pap smear alone every three years as an alternative.
- Women between the ages of 21 and 29 should get a Pap smear at least every three years.
- When you arrive at the doctor’s rooms, ask the receptionist if the doctor would like a urine sample. Having a Pap smear with a full bladder is uncomfortable.
- Avoid having sex for 24h before your PAP test.
- It is not ideal to schedule a Pap smear while you are menstruating. If you start to bleed in the days prior to the visit, postpone or reschedule your appointment.
- Take a list of any concerns or questions you might have. Once you’re sitting in the office it’s normal to forget any ailments you want to discuss! Remember to mention any abnormal or irregular bleeding and mention any strange symptoms you might be having.
- Ensure that you get your results back from the doctor
How to Book an appointment at Azalea Health
What can I discuss with My OBGYN
Things your OBGYN wants you to know
We provide quality obstetric and gynecological healthcare in Trinidad, including preventive medical care, nutritional needs, and health education. At Azalea Health our goal is to empower and educate women about their sexual health and well-being. Schedule your appointment today